Update from the AVLIC Staffing Task Force
The AVLIC Board is pleased to announced that through our consultation with CAD-ASC, Wayne Nicholson has been selected to be part of the AVLIC Staffing Task Force.
The AVLIC Staffing Task Force is now comprised of the following members, varied in education, experience and expertise:
- Barb Mykle-Hotzon, - ASL-English interpreter, AVLIC member and previous AVLIC Administrative Manager
- Colleen Friel - ASL-English interpreter, AVLIC member and previous Board member
- Maureen Haan - AVLIC parliamentary advisor and experienced staffing consultant, current executive director of Canadian Council on Rehabilitation and Work CCRW, fluent in ASL
- Wayne Nicholson - Deaf Interpreter, AVLIC member and prior president of the Ontario Association of the Deaf (OAD)
- Janice Lyons - Deaf interpreter, AVLIC member and Director on the current Board of Directors
- Christie Reaume - AVLIC Past President is the Board liaison to this Task Force.
The Task Force will have their first meeting on September 1, 2015 to establish a communication plan, timeline and objectives. Please continue to watch for e-mail updates in the future. If you have any questions about the Staffing Task Force, please contact Christie Reaume at firstname.lastname@example.org