originally posted October 30, 2013, updated November 15, 2013
Last Chance to Respond to the CRTC About VRS in Canada (NOC 2013-155)
The Canadian Radio-Television and Telecommunication Commission (CRTC) hearing for "Issues related to the feasibility of establishing a Video Relay Services (VRS)" took place October 21 − 25, 2013, in Gatineau, Québec. With the hearing concluded, the next step is final submissions (interventions).
For those who submitted an intervention in May 2013, AVLIC strongly encourages everyone to send a follow up submission, rebuttal or response to a presentation made. Even if your follow up message reiterates the same points you made in your initial intervention, please send in a final submission. By sending the CRTC a follow up submission, you can emphasize how important it is to implement VRS in Canada! Final submissions are due November 15, 2013.
Watch the BCVRS Committee's video: CRTC NOC 2013-155 Deadline
AVLIC's Final Submission: November 15, 2013: AVLIC's Final Submission to the CRTC
How to submit a follow up intervention:
The Commission invites comments, with supporting rationale, as to whether or not VRS should be implemented. All Canadians who submitted an intervention in May 2013 are encouraged to participate by submitting their final comments by November 15, 2013. You can submit your comments by:
- filling out the online form
- writing to the Secretary General, CRTC, Ottawa, Ontario, K1A 0N2
- sending a fax at 819-994-0218, or
- by video in American Sign Language (ASL) or Langue des signes québécoise (LSQ) to the CRTC YouTube channel
Video instructions on how to submit a final intervention provided by the Ontario VRS Committee: OVRSC Town Hall Why No VRS?!?
Note: only the people who submitted an intervention in May 2013 are allowed to send in a follow up submission. No new submissions will be accepted.
Announcements on the AVLIC website related to the CRTC VRS hearing include:
- CRTC VRS Hearing - Online Documents & Files
- Message from Your President
- CRTC VRS Hearing - ON NOW
- News Release - AVLIC Supports VRS (Oct.21, 2013)
- Update on the CRTC VRS Hearing
- Request to Appear at the CRTC VRS Hearing
- AVLIC's Support of VRS in Canada - Letter to CRTC
- CRTC Report on VRS
- Press Release - AVLIC Supports VRS (Jan.23, 2013)