OASLI Public Education Package
AVLIC thanks our Affiliate Chapter Ontario Association of Sign Language Interpreters (OASLI) for their recent efforts to create a series of resources that answer common questions people ask about the profession. OASLI's resources can be found on their website at OASLI Position Papers & Resources.
Included in this Public Education Package are the following resources:
- OASLI Position Paper - Exclusive Use of the Active AVLIC Members
- Tips for Communicating Through a Sign Language Interpreter
- Booking an ASL-English Interpreter
- What to Look for in an ASL-English Interpreter
- Common Accreditations in Ontario
- Understanding Barriers that Deaf Individuals Face
If any AVLIC member is contacted by an Ontario-based spoken language interpreting agency to provide ASL-English interpreting services, feel free to look at these resources. These same resources are being used by OASLI to educate agencies on our profession.
For questions about these resources, please contact OASLI directly at firstname.lastname@example.org