Becoming an AVLIC Member
AVLIC offers individual memberships in 2 different categories to individuals who meet the criteria outlined in AVLIC's Bylaws.
These categories are:
Class A Members - Active Interpreter, including
Class B Members - Students, including
Deaf individuals working towards meeting AVLIC's Deaf Interpreter member criteria (alternative pathway)
Click on the appropriate link above to learn more about the process of becoming an AVLIC member under that category.
If You Don't Meet the Eligibilty Criteria for any of the Catgories Above You Can Sign Up for a Subscription Service
Click here to Sign up!
Are you a Current Member Looking to Renew?
Current memberships and subscription services can be renewed beginning January 1 and must be renewed by midnight of March 31 annually.
Cost of a Membership
The cost of a membership depends on many factors, such as
- first-time member discount
- Affiliate Chapter fees
- the type of membership
- if you are the age 60 or older
- if you are late to renew or if your membership status is lapsed/expired
For a price chart, please click on the logo of the Affiliate Chapter you have chosen:
- Benefits afforded to Active & Student members and to the Subscription Service
- Membership Leave Policy
- Payment Plan (for Class A - Active Members only)
- Motions affecting membership renewals