If your AVLIC - Affiliate Chapter membership has lapsed (not renewed by the March 31, 2014 deadline), you will notice that you will not be able to readily access the membership renewal links. As of April 1st the renewal links are disabled and all memberships must be manually processed through the AVLIC office. Please contact the AVLIC office for assistance with your renewal.
Please make note of the following before proceeding with your renewal:
- For people who were members during the 2013-2014 membership year, memberships not renewed by March 31, 2014 are subject to a late-renewal fee of 25% on the AVLIC portion of dues only (see the membership motion below).
- For people whose membership has expired (not renewed during the 2013-2014 membership year), you ARE required to meet the current membership application criteria:
- Graduation from an AVLIC recognized Interpreter Education Program or
- meet the criterion for Deaf Interpreter.
- see our FAQ page, specifically How do I become a member of AVLIC? for more details on these criteria
MOTION OT10G-28 (AMENDED): I move that AVLIC institute a late renewal policy that requires that members who do not renew their membership by the deadline have 30 days to pay the dues for that membership year plus a late-renewal fee of 25% without forfeiting the privileges and obligations of membership.Members who wish to reinstate their membership in AVLIC at any time during the current membership year, must pay the full year’s dues and the late payment fee. After 30 days all the privileges and obligations of membership will be forfeit.
Kate Lewis (Martin Koob)