AVLIC is accepting nominations for the CES task force!
The AVLIC Board would like to request your assistance with finding the appropriate people to form the CES task force. Motion WP14G-27 (below), put forth and supported by AVLIC members at the AVLIC 2014 AGM requests that a task force include the following expertise:
- Knowledge of project management
- Assessment and learning outcomes knowledge
- Knowledge of the Canadian Evaluation System
The AVLIC Board is asking you, the members and our colleagues if you, yourself or if you know of someone who possesses one or more of the above listed skill sets. Please forward the name of the person to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 18, 2014.
Rational: In response of the feedback at focus group held on Wednesday July 9, 2014, it has become apparent that the scope of the work is beyond the capacity of the Request for Proposal 10006.
The taskforce will be consist of 3-5 individuals with knowledge of project management, education, assessment and learning outcomes, and knowledge of the Canadian Evaluation System.
The cost of the taskforce work not to exceed $5000.00, budget to include any potential external consultation, interpreting costs, travel and travel related expenses
The Strategic Plan:
Goal 1: Increased the Number Of Interpreters Achieving the Certificate of Interpretation (COI):
Strategies to Achieve Goal 1:
1) Increase the number of members completing Phase Two Preparation workshops
2) Increase the number of members choosing to take the Test of Interpretation (TOI)
3) Conduct a prescriptive review of the CES process to clarify standards and ensure fairness in assessment
4) Provide additional pathways for skill development leading to successful achievement of the COI
5) Provide additional methods to recognize demonstrated interpreting skills and knowledge