Request for Proposal - No. 10007: Translation of AVLIC Materials
Issue date: November 17, 2014
The Contract will commence on or around February 1, 2015, and will end January 31, 2016.
Proposal Submission Deadlines:
- Receipt Confirmation Form: Proponents must complete and submit a Receipt Confirmation Form (Appendix B) on or before December 19, 2014, to be considered.
- Closing Date & Time: Final Proposal must be received by 11am PST on January 5, 2015.
Purpose of Request for Proposal (RFP)
AVLIC has implemented logistics to improve communication with/to the membership and our stakeholders. Communication distributed in American Sign Language (ASL) needs to be on par with English-based communication.
The purpose of this Request for Proposal is to engage a contractor for 12 months to translate selected AVLIC documents and materials on an as needed basis, predominantly from English to ASL but also from ASL to English, which are intended for distribution to the membership and/or stakeholders.
Services Required by the Successful Contractor
The successful Contractor will, in a timely manner, translate selected AVLIC material from written English to ASL or from ASL to written English for distribution to the AVLIC membership and/or stakeholders. Estimated turnaround time for translations should be outlined in the Proposal.
Remuneration will be pre-negotiated as part of the Contract and will be based on:
- Per page of written English text to be translated into ASL
- Per minute of ASL video to be translated into written English
The Contractor will translate AVLIC material on subject matters including, but not limited to:
- AVLIC announcements
- News releases
- Annual General Meeting proposed motions
- AVLIC position papers (in part or in full)
- Updates about the Canadian Evaluation System
- Updates about the Dispute Resolution Process
- Updates from AVLIC Board meetings
- Updates from committees
- And any other material as determined by the AVLIC Board of Directors.