Coming Soon: Survey Regarding the AVLIC Canadian Evaluation System
The CES Review Task Force* is interested in your experience with and perspectives on the CES.
AVLIC will send out the Task Force's survey on June 12, 2015 with a deadline for all members to complete the survey by June 26, 2015.
We ask that you set aside time in your calendars (no more than 30 minutes) to complete the survey during this time frame.
We know your time is valuable, and appreciate all that you can offer the Task Force to recommend actions that best support AVLIC members.
CES Review Task Force
* WP14G-27: I move that AVLIC strike a Canadian Evaluations System Taskforce to define the scope of the work to enable AVLIC to move forward with Goal 1 of the 2010-2015 strategic plan and provide initial recommendations for the 2015 AGM. The cost of the taskforce is not to exceed $5,000.00 (budget to include any potential external consultation, interpreting costs, travel and travel-related expenses).
Ginnie Black (Kerry Grandfield) CARRIED
RATIONALE: In response of the feedback received from the special interest group held on Wednesday, July 9, 2014, it has become apparent that the scope of the work is beyond the capacity of the Request for Proposal No. 10006 – Canadian Evaluations System Review.
The taskforce will consist of 3-5 individuals with knowledge of project management, education, assessment and learning outcomes, and knowledge of the Canada Evaluation System.
Strategic Plan – Goal 1
Increase the Number of Interpreters Achieving the Certificate of Interpretation (COI):
Strategies to Achieve Goal 1:
- Increase the number of members completing Phase Two Preparation workshops
- Increase the number of members choosing to take the Test of Interpretation (TOI)
- Conduct a prescriptive review of the CES process to clarify standards and ensure fairness in assessment
- Provide additional pathways for skill development leading to successful achievement of the COI
- Provide additional methods to recognize demonstrated interpreting skills and knowledge