AVLIC 2015 AGM - June 27, 2015
AVLIC 2015 Annual General Meeting will be held on Saturday, June 27, 2015:
- Douglas College, 700 Royal Ave., New Westminster, B.C.
- Room 1614
- Registration desk opens at 8:00am PT
- Meeting 9:00am - 4:00pm PT
The AGM package will be distributed by e-mail and available online by Saturday, June 6, 2015.
There will be lots of information coming over the next few weeks about some significant motions that affect AVLIC's bylaws as well as proposed revisions to the Dispute Resolution Process (DRP). Members are asked to read this information before the meeting and are encouraged to contact your Board with questions or comments prior to the meeting.
Proxy Option 1: Online
- All fields, with the exception of Address 2, on the online proxy form must be completed - including proxy holder, meeting notes and meeting date (in notes, you can enter: "n/a").
- After completing the online proxy form, click on the SUBMIT button at the bottom of the page. A confirmation e-mail will be sent to you and your proxy holder after it is processed by the AVLIC office. There is no need for you to print, mail or fax the online form.
- Online proxy forms must be submitted by 6:00pm PT on Thursday, June 18, 2015. As per AVLIC bylaws, online proxy forms submitted after June 18, 2015, 6:00pm PT might not be recognized.
Proxy Option 2: Manual form by mail or fax
A Manual Proxy Form can be mailed or faxed to the AVLIC office but must be received no later than Thursday, June 18, 2015. Forms can be sent to:
105-39012 Discovery Way
Proxy Option 3: Manual form submitted in person
A Manual Proxy Form can be presented at the AVLIC Annual General Meeting registration desk by the person carrying your vote.
Manual proxy forms are available online and will be included in the AGM package. We need your vote to be represented!
3.2 Absentee Voting at Members' Meetings
Notice of each meeting of members shall remind the members of their right to vote by proxy. Proxy submissions can be received by the AVLIC office via mail, online form provided to members by the Corporation via the website or fax at least nine (9) days prior to the annual general meeting. Otherwise, proxy forms can be carried by the chosen proxy holder, submitted and registered for at the beginning of the annual general meeting.
3.3 Quorum at Member Meetings
A quorum at any meeting of the members shall consist of 25 percent of the votes eligible to be cast at the meeting. If a quorum is present at the opening of a meeting of members, the members present may proceed with the business of the meeting even if a quorum is not present throughout the meeting.
Here are some other useful links on the AVLIC website related to AGMs (must be signed into members only profile for links to work):