Membership Renewal Due Friday, March 31, 2017
Steps to Complete Membership Renewal for the 2017 - 2018 Membership Year
Check your contact details to ensure all information is updated and correct. Click here to view and EDIT PROFILE.
- You now have the ability to opt out of getting e-mail distribution messages from AVLIC and your Affiliate Chapter(s) as per Anti-Spam legislation requirements
- AVLIC's Directory of Members, which is available to the public to view (no password needed) displays all Active members' names and locations (city & province) but having an e-mail address shown publicly is optional. If you do not want your e-mail address to appear on the Directory, check the "No" button to the "Display E-mail in Directory of Members?" question, within the "Privacy" section of your full profile. Student members and Subscribers will not appear on the Directory.
If you have any special arrangements do NOT process online. All special arrangements should be directed to the AVLIC office (email@example.com). These include:
- Adding or changing Affiliate Chapters
- Payment Plan requests
- Reduced fee requests for Membership Leave (exemption) requests (click to see conditions)
- Reduced fee requests for members aged 60 or older
- Employer is paying for memberships on behalf of members
Hover over the blue MEMBERS ONLY tab and click on RENEW MEMBERSHIP from the drop-down menu.
At the bottom of the page, Active and Student members will have to confirm you agree to adhere to the AVLIC Code of Ethics and Guidelines for Professional Conduct BEFORE you will be directed to finalize your membership renewal. Subscription service accounts do not have to agree.
Choose the renewal method which is best suited to you: PAY ONLINE or RENEW AND PAY BY MAIL
Note: the PayPal receipt will act as your official receipt for taxation and reimbursement purposes. Please print or save a copy as soon as you complete the payment transaction. AVLIC will not be issuing additional receipts for online payments.
AVLIC will notify your Affiliate Chapter(s) of your renewal and will mail out your membership card in March/April.
Membership Renewal Timelines & Additional Fees
Memberships are valid from April 1st to March 31st annually.
All memberships must be renewed by Friday, March 31, 2017
- Members who have not renewed by March 31, 2017, will not be able to access their members only account as of April 1, 2017. Beginning April 1, 2017 renewals will also be subject to:
MOTION WP14G-06: I move that beginning in the membership term 2015, AVLIC Active members who do not renew their membership by the deadline of midnight on March 31, annually, will no longer be members in good standing; all benefits and privileges of membership will be considered lapsed.
To reinstate a lapsed membership, the member not in good standing must:
- Meet the criteria of Active membership or the grandfather clause for Active membership; AND,
- Pay the current year Active membership fee; AND,
- Pay the Board-approved administration fee at the time of renewal; AND,
- If the membership is lapsed for more than one year, the member must pay the membership fees for the one (1) lapsed year with the option of paying the lapsed fees by installment. Active membership can lapse and be reinstated within a 2-year period.
Upon reinstatement, a member will have all benefits and privileges of Active membership including their status in the Canadian Evaluation System (CES) restored.
RATIONALE: When membership fees are not renewed by March 31, annually, a member does not risk losing their Canadian Evaluation System (CES) status immediately. This practice is in line with other professional organizations; it offers a clear protocol for all members across Affiliate Chapters and it lessens the administrative burden of the current grace period.
Active membership can lapse and then be reinstated within a 2 year period (e.g. if membership lapses on March 31, 2014, membership must be renewed by March 31, 2016).
Members experiencing exceptional circumstances can apply for membership exemption as per the criteria outlined in the Membership Exemption policy (also known as Membership Leave).
This motion falls in line with WAVLI’s provincial title protection.
This procedure is in response to feedback received from the Special Topic Session held Friday, July 11, 2014 [during the AVLIC 2014 conference in Winnipeg, MB].
- There are no refunds on memberships fees once processed.
Contact the AVLIC office or by one of the methods listed in the footer of this webpage.